Friday, September 17, 2010

Nail Rock Designer Wraps: Leopard Skin

Edit 02/10/2010: I gave it another try, and had more succes this time!Click Here to see the results!


Edit 29/09/2010: The owner of Nail Rock read this review, and gave me some tips and tricks on how to get a better result, and prevent lifting. He offered me a new set of wraps, to try again. I hope to show you the results within the coming 2 weeks!

I spotted these Nail Wraps on Asos.com, and thought I might give it a try. I picked the Leopard Skin design, which looked most attractive to me.


This is how it works:
HOW TO NAIL ROCK:
1- Gently ease cuticle back and remove any nail polish.
2- Shape and file the nail edge.
3- Gently remove surface shine using a nail buffer or a smooth nail file.
4- Select Nail Rock Wrap nearest your Cuticle size. These can be trimmed to fit if needed.
5- Do not touch the adhesive side of the wrap that will be used on your nail.
6- Gently place at cuticle edge and apply heat from a small or travel
Hairdryer for a few seconds until the wrap begins to soften. ASOS mini hairdryer
7- Applying firm pressure, push the wrap onto one side of the nail bed. Re-apply heat and repeat on the other side.
8- Re-apply heat and push firmly over the entire nail for a secure fit. If there is a crease; re-heat, gently lift the wrap off the
nail and reapply adding further heat if necessary.
9- File off excess wrap at the end of the nail in a downward motion with a fine wooden file.
This is what you get:

I followed the instructions exactly as they are written, but I didn't get what I expected! The wraps started lifting at my tips!Now everytime I use my hands, it starts peeling off a little more. I thought these would be foil-like, but they're more like stickers. And they look like stickers as well.


The result, seen from a distance, is pretty cool. It's impossible to achieve this perfect leopard skin design with stamping or hand painted nail art.
I'd say these are fun for a night out, but I don't believe they'll last up to 10 days, as is written in the description. The price is also a bit too high in my opinion: 8,60 euro for 24 stickers for hand and feet.
I'm curious about the new nail stickers by Essence, and I wonder if they're similar to Nail Rock Wraps. The Essence ones are sold for 1,99 euro, which is quite a bit cheaper. Anyway, soon I'll let you know how long these lasted on my nails:). Have a good weekend everyone!xo
Edit: I removed the wraps a after a few hours of wear, because they started to look messy, and the lifting at my tips started to irritate me. Such a pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment